Wayward Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Go down 
+3
WSxMono
WSxSharp
WSxRyden
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:48 am

Looks like there will be supply drops in the game, check modern warfare 24/7

Last edited by WSxSharpShooter on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 am

O wait I got confused what gun we were talking about blu. and I already sent him that suggestion, Sharp.
Back to top Go down
http://WaywardSoldiers.Org
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 pm

WSxRyden wrote:
O wait I got confused what gun we were talking about blu. and I already sent him that suggestion, Sharp.

lol you told them and me but I'm telling the squad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Kill Streaks:

3 kills = UAV
4 kills = Care Package/Air Drop *NEW* (Air drop a random kill streak reward or ammo)
4 kills = Counter UAV *NEW* (Jams a UAV so the enemy team cannot gain access to its benefits)
5 kills = Sentry Gun? (maybe) *NEW* (unknown)
5 kills = Predator Missile *NEW* (player controlled)
6 kills = Precision Airstrike? *NEW??* (player controlled maybe?)
7 kills = Attack Helicopter? *NEW??* (temporary or limited player control maybe??)
9 kills = P/Dive Low?? Heck Idk but for 9 kills its definitely something good.
11 kills = AC130 (call in player controlled gunship)

Note: you can only equip up to three Kill Streak rewards and you are not limited in what you choose. ex. UAV/Counter UAV/Attack Helicopter.

Death Streaks:
Painkiller gives players a triple health boost if they die three times without making a kill. *NEW*
Copycat allows players to use the weapons and perks of the last opponent who killed you. *NEW*

-----------------

Accolades:

Maybe tasks that give point bonuses? such as seen in Red Faction:Guerrilla with its point rewarding system for performing particular tasks well. Ex. Most kills with head shots. Which you can continue to receive point bonuses for these tasks if you continue to achieve them in online multiplayer matches.

-----------------

New perk?

Hardline perk: Requires one less kill for Killstreaks. Ex. Instead of 3 kills for a UAV, it's 2 kills and so on. *NEW*

Marathon: Climb over obstacles faster? (New name for Extreme conditioning? <--- Ryden's thought)[Unlimited sprint? <---- Sharps thought] which makes the most sense. (sprint in any position?) *NEW*

Lightweight: Unknown *NEW*

Commando: Increased melee distance. *NEW*

New death streak perk slot: CONFIRMED!

Decoy: Extra dot appears on radar that leads to nothing. *NEW*? (speculation but very likely a new perk)

Scavenger: Auto-grab ammo from enemy corpses. *NEW*

Akimbo: Duel wield pistols. *new*

Bling: Allows you to equip more than one attachment to a weapon. *NEW*

Gillie suit: Allows you to have a Gillie suit without a Sniper class *NEW*? (Speculation but very likely a new perk)

Speed demon (unofficial name and I dont know if this is even a perk just a guess): Allows you to sprint while prone/crouching (not known if this is actually a perk just my personal belief of what one of the new perks probably is)

Weapons:
Assault Rifles
- FAMAS
- Bushmaster ACR
- M16
- AK-47
- Steyr AUG A2
- Imbel MD3
- FN 2000
- G36C
- M4
- MK. 14 EBR
- G3
- TAR-21

Sniper Rifles
- SVD Dragunov
- Walther WA2000

Sub-Machine Guns
- FN P90
- UMP .45
- TDI Kriss
- H&K MP5

Shotguns
- Franchi SPAS-12
- W1200
- Armsel Striker 12 Guage
- Remington 870MCS
- Winchester 1887

Light/Heavy Machine Guns
- RPD
- MK46
- AUG HBAR-T

Pistols
- USP .45
- Glock 18/22
- M1911 .45
- Desert Eagle or Baby Eagle

Melee
- Combat Knife

Explosives/Grenades
- C4
- Frag Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Smoke Grenade

Gun Attatchments
- Red Dot Sight
- Heartbeat Sensor
- ACOG
- Silencer
- EOTech Sight
- Thermal Scope
- Master Key (shotgun attachment that opens doors by shooting out the door at the lock/handle)

Grenade Launchers
- GP-25 Grenade Launcher
- M203 Grenade Launcher

Armor
- Riot Shield

Note: Oh yea and shotguns now have silencer options =]

------------------------------
New information!!!
(I believe it might actually be possible to) have two primary weapons {ex. assault rifle primary/shotgun secondary} and multiple weapon attachments simultaneously since bling is in fact a blue perk!!!

Custom classes:
Three custom class slots are confirmed. Mostly it will be five slots though.

Prestige:
Most likely will give you a new custom class slot if you prestige like in WaW. But then again I could be wrong. Might even just give you access to locked parts of the game. (such as a particular weapon/killstreak etc)

Equipment:
Throwing knives: will be In the slot where you have your grenade (choosing throwing knives will sacrifice your grenades) *NEW*
Tatical insertion: Choose where you respawn (replaces your grenades just like throwing knives) *NEW*
Blast shield: (unknown) *NEW*

-------------------
Done editing this... Finally lol. I will repost as a new topic if I find any significant amounts of new information.

Last edited by WSxXertia on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:10 pm

I know one of the challanges you can do is "Painkiller". Its where you kill a person just before they get a streak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:13 pm

I think you might be confusing that with "buzzkill"
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Fuck, you just posted the other thing and I still had that in my head. I did mean "Buzzkill".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Sorry... Anyways what do you think of the post? How much of this did you know already?
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Are question marks things that YOU think or things that are pseudo confirmed.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... they have an xbox... Click to cry...

How am I going to afford that??? I must do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm

The question marks mean that the information that I provided about a particular killstreak/perk Is either possibly wrong (because The picture I looked at which is real was too fuzzy too be 100% certain) or.. its just speculation. But generally over 90% of the information I posted (regardless of the question marks) Is accurate. They also mean (as far as the killstreaks are concerned) That I do not know if there is any particular change in how it can be used. (such as attack helicopters or precision air strikes)

Last edited by WSxXertia on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:31 pm

I CANT BE BOTHERED WITH SUCH NONSENSE XBOX I CANT BUY!!?! WHY? I should trade in my current box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Maybe If you ask nicely they will give you one for free =] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 Puppyface
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm

"extreme conditioning" seems to now be called "marathon"

You control the predator missile all the way down.

Last edited by WSxRyden on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:52 pm

The care package air drop thing gives you the chance to get a kill streak without having to get the required kills (notice how your required to get 1 more kill to receive the predator missile originally since 4 kills is required for the care package and 5 for the predator missile.)

Plus he received it before getting his 5th kill. Its all random of course you could always get ammo instead.

Last edited by WSxXertia on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:57 pm

cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:00 pm

I knew they were gonna have a nw system for the game. I want it...
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Marathon is unlimited sprit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Well I edited that in there. Hope this was informative enough for all those soldiers that don't have the time (or don't wish to take the time) to search across the W W W. Figured I would just put everything I've learned in one convenient place. I will continue to update it on page 3 and probably re-post as a new subject topic nearer to release. And don't be shy to share info all you clan mod maniacs when you get the game early. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: O   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm pretty sure some people are going to cut work/school the day it's comes out... I know I will Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:44 pm

the 9 killstreak is called Pave low. It calls in a bad ass heli etc. awsomeness!!!

two more perks. cold blooded and scrambler
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:51 am

scrambler sounds like it might mess with radar.
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:44 am

Might scramble your target on the enemys computer, making you look like your on the same team.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:56 pm

That would be kinda broken. I would doubt thats what it does. If it IS, I will be using it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:12 pm

You should play Team Fortress 2 as the Spy. It's really awesome to disguise yourself as their team mate, run down a hall way with them and as soon as they try and ambush your team, you assasinate them. It's awesome and that's probably the inspiration for that particular ability.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:52 pm

That does sound fun.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

New Video

Lobby Screen
We see a new section Call sign & Killstreak.
Also we see the player’s NAT type, this shows how easy it will be for the player to find a match.
Also have a moving tickertape along the bottom, and we see some of the player’s stats.
Callsign & Killstreaks
When Callsign & Killstreaks is opened, we see 4 items:

Title
More titles are unlocked as you rank up.
Emblem
More emblems are unlocked as player ranks up, completes certain challenges or does other specific things - “The more things you do, the more things you’re going to unlock”.
Clan Tag
Killstreak rewards
We see the 9 kill streaks that we have seen before, there are 15 altogether.
Create a Class
Some perks with conformation of what they do:

Lightweight - Move faster
Marathon - Unlimited sprint
Commando - Increased melee distance
Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies
Hardline - Killstreaks require 1 less kill
When the Primary Weapon slot is opened we see a new layout, with a picture of the weapon and it’s stats to the right of the weapon's name.

In the Secondeary Weapon slot we see the (new) available classes:

Machine Pistols
Shotguns
Handguns
Launcher
It also confirmes Akimbo is an attachment and not a perk. No new special grenades are shown, just the traditional smoke, flash and stun like we've seen in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. When we go through the perks section, we see that “PRO” versions of perks are unlocked after certain challenges are completed.
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 1:09 pm

*Pro Perks* sounds intersting, any suggestions to what they might be? What about prestiging? Aperently it's not gonna be the same as last time, perhaps prestiging also unlocks perks or just new emblems. Was anyone planng on not prestiging?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Prestige   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:54 pm

They better have a good rewards system for prestige, WaW had one and it was dumb. It would be cool if u had a created character and unlocked outfits for him/her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wayward Soldiers :: Enter the Battlefield :: Get in your Stryker.-
Jump to: