Wayward Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MW2 vs. MW1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey all,

I'm posting this topic for the simple fact that I want your guys' opinions.

Today I found and played my copy of MW1 for the first time in quite awhile. I found the graphics to be lacking compared to the new one (and worse than I remember, but that's usually how it always is), but the gameplay itself was still solid. First round back: 32:8 with my Gold Desert Eagle. Rolling Eyes

I really do miss the CQB maps that include most all of the MW1 maps. While noone but me will probably agree with this, but I think that MW1 is actually more fun of a game. MW2 just seems a tad too different.

My reasoning: I think that if they would have left out the custom killstreaks in MW2 and made it so it was like: 3-UAV, 5-Pred Missile, 7-Harrier, the game might have been a lot better. Because as it is now, the game is way too focused on getting out an AC/Gunner, instead of the actual on the ground firefights. I think that the custom killstreaks just kind of takes away from the skills needed to actually get a high killstreak in the first place.

Case and point: Xertia, who used to get 6 kills, then win the game.

Feel free to post your opinions on the two games compared, or your opinions on my thoughts, doesn't matter to me.

~Pyro out

Edit: once I get to level 62 again, you better believe I'm going to hone my Deagle skills. I don't think there is actually any difference between the old deagle and the new one. I just think the fact that the maps are huge in MW2 makes the deagle seem weaker. It's just less effective because the game is no longer close range.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Man there was some good times in Modern Warfare 1, it felt harder to kill someone in MW1 than 2 and the MW1 chopper was definitely the Pavelow of MW2.

But i like MW2 a lot more than the first. There is nothing like using an AC-130 and seeing your enemies book shit tot he nearest shelter.
Back to top Go down

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 pm

One of the most memorable things about MW1 is the fact that many people couldnt cheat (or atleast i never knew about ways to cheat). In MW2 cheaters are fucking everywhere. I've made it my point so when somebody cheats in the game i'm in, I follow them from room to room and keep fucking up their sessions, like they did with mine. They ruin the game for me, and i don't think im the only one who feels this way.

Also, the G3 was like the coolest gun ever in the history of COD guns. I went 64 to 4 on a hardcore HQ match on ambush. I did like the Deagle on MW1 but i havent used it yet on MW2 because the .44 mag I rape with.
Back to top Go down

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:55 pm

I prefer MW1. The playing field felt a little more even. It was just as easy to rape as it was to get raped, and the line of difference was teamwork and skill. On MW2, teamwork is still essential, but with all the glitches, mods, and even just the weapons (Like secondary Shotguns) and killstreaks, Teamwork no longer requires skill. Its as easy as picking a spot covering every weakpoint.

After the amount of time i spent with the D.Eagle on MW2, I find that it no where near how good it used to be. For one, It used to be easier to aim than the other pistols and now I have more trouble with it than ever. Second, It was way more powerful. In MW1 the D.Eagle could kill with a single upper body shot or two limb shots. Now I have to waste half a clip to bring down one guy. The same goes for the .50 Cal.

Most of all though, I miss how fun Hardcore HQ used to be. Especially on Shipment.
Back to top Go down

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:44 pm

I withdraw my further statement of equality between the D.eagles in the games.

Ive been trying to use it a lot lately, and it seems to only be good in hardcore, where it only requires one shot.

And yeah, again I think that the custom killstreaks, or atleast the upper ones (i.e. anything above 9) are kind of game killers.

I liked the fact that MW1 took teamwork, yes. yes yes yes yes. In this one, one person can win the game.

Lastly, I think that MW2 is missing one of my favorite features of MW1, and I have no clue why they didnt bring it to the new one: Rumble feature?

The weapons in this one don't feel like your firing anything. That was my number one complaint about MW2. Why didn't they bring over such a simple but immersive feature as rumble?

My 2 cents,

~Pyro
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:59 pm

I turn my rumble off in everything.
Back to top Go down
http://WaywardSoldiers.Org

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Havent noticed the rumble feature change. Huh....
Back to top Go down

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm

I kinda feel you there buddy. I enjoy rumble in most games (And I don't know Why). But the sounds that were captured for the weapons make up for that in my opinion. Because of that I had only slightly noticed the absence of rumble.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 pm

I love using the rumble on all the games. i have better reflexes because of it.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:22 am

I feel is messes with my accuracy and concentration.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm

WSxRyden wrote:
I feel is messes with my accuracy and concentration.

Only when your getting shot!!! durp.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:03 pm

indeed.
Back to top Go down

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Since I lack the money for HD tv and Surround sound (Or just a good sound system), the rumble was like an extended sense of feel, allowing me to judge the distance between myself and where the enemy is shooting. Plus grenades never went unnoticed.
Back to top Go down

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 am

I love rumble...... just throwing that out there.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 vs. MW1   MW2 vs. MW1 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:58 am

I like it in non-adversarial modes.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

MW2 vs. MW1 Empty