Wayward Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns and Time to Kill.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

Guns and Time to Kill. Empty
PostSubject: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Alright so i know me and sharp have been seeing that with the ACR they have decreased the power of it and making it do less damage (it feels that way).

So i did some research and found a chart that has all the time to kill for all guns, with and without SP.

So check it out and do the research, better guns = more killz.

Guns and Time to Kill. ?action=view&current=timetokillupdated
Back to top Go down
WSxHeavyArms
Regular User
Regular User

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 pm

My gay ass computer wont let me veiw the chart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Post it so we can see..
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

ok hang on....

Guns and Time to Kill. Timetokillupdated

hope this works
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am

Who made that and how was it collated? Was it on an average of how fast a normal person can fire a Single shot or if you could unload an entire clip in an 8th of a second with a mod?
Back to top Go down
http://WaywardSoldiers.Org
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 pm

well for the auto ones the trigger is held down.

the single shot i have no idea. props the average person.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

that claims that the Fal recieves no bonus from stopping power.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am

It doesn't, i thought you knew that.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:50 pm

I would like to see that confirmed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:50 am

Check your source on that chart. To me, the date looks to consistent to be real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:25 am

*Dons nerd hat*

I've been looking up MW2 weapon stats since the game came out. There are a few weapons in the game that actually don't benefit from stopping power.

The FAL doesn't benefit from stopping power because it's damage is 55-35 with a 1.4 multiplier on the head, and a 1.1 mulitplier to the neck. Stats with and without as follows.
------------------------------------------------
FAL w/o SP

(point blank)
Head: 77 dmg
Neck: 60.5 dmg
Else: 55 dmg

(far away)
Head: 49 dmg
Neck: 38.5 dmg
Else: 35 dmg

FAL w/ SP

(point blank)
Head: 107.8 dmg
Neck: 84.7 dmg
Else: 77 dmg

(far away)
Head: 68.6 dmg
Neck: 53.9 dmg
Else: 49 dmg
---------------------------------------------
Now as you can see at close range without stopping power it's going to be a two shot kill no matter what, and a three shot kill no matter what at long range due to the fact that there are no values over 50.

With stopping power the only benefit you get is the capability of a execution range OSHS, or a two shot headshot from a distance. It's still an average of a two shot up close or a three shot far away.

Now the only difference here is if you use the FAL like I do and use a holographic sight on it. It ups the baseline damage it can do by 5, meaning that with stopping power it will be a two shot kill at any range, and a OSHS at up to medium-close range.

The other gun that SP has no real benefit for is the WAZOO.

The WAZOO has no 1.1 damage multiplier for the pelvis like the other sniper rifles do (barring the m21 which a 1.1 multiplier for the torso and no multiplier for the pelvis). The reason the 1.1 is so crucial for the use of SP is because all four of the snipers deal the same base damage: 70 base, 50 with silencer.

Sniper Rifles and LMGs are the only guns in the game where the use of a silencer directly affects damage instead of damage decay over distance, because both of those types of guns do the same damage up close as they do at range.

With this in mind though, if you take the base damage of the WAZOO, multiply SP, you get 98 damage. Not enough for a one shot kill. Because the other two non-M21 snipers have a modifier for the pelvis of 1.1, this means that any non-limb shot with a sniper rifle (while using SP) will be a OSK. The m21 benefits from SP because using it means that chest shots will be a one shot kill.

If you add silencers into the equation, the only way to get a OSHS with any sniper rifle is to use SP. If you don't use stopping power with a silenced sniper, you will never get a OSHS.

Hopefully this is helpful to atleast someone!

/nerd hat

~Pyro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:34 am

I broke this second post off from the first for clarity and a different subject. There is a reason that the chart looks consistent. The guns actually aren't all that different except from a aesthetics, fire rate, damage decay over distance, and recoil.

The assault rifles fall into three categories based on min/max damage:

40-30: FAMAS, SCAR-H, TAR-21, M16A4, AK47
30-20: M4A1, ACR, F2000
55-(40)35: FAL

FAMAS has the lowest damage decay over distance of the first category
The ACR has the lowest damage decay of the second
And the FAL stands alone.

The other guns are in odd damage categories which if your interested, you can go here: http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

The table you presented is probably done with body shots at close range, with perfect accuracy.

Just remember that with slow firing, high damage guns, a miss will significantly lower your kill time as compared to a higher fire rate, lower damage gun will. Example: A crappy shooter firing an ACR and missing a bunch will be less devestating to his kill time than if he were firing a SCAR.

The more ya know! Like a Star @ heaven

~Pyro

(P.S. The FAL's scoring on the table posted by Canada was done using a mod at max fire rate. The FALs max fire rate is the exact same fire rate as the SCAR, hence why the data is the same. The AK47 and the RPD have hte same fire rate as well.

The reason people complain about modded controllers is because the FAL still does 5-15 dmg higher than the SCAR, at the same fire rate with a bigger clip.

Again, the same is true of the pistols on the chart. Their max fire rate is the exact same as the SCARs. The only exception to this is the Magnum, which has a 700rpm fire rate instead of a 630, meaning it will kill you waaaay faster with a mod than any of the other guns.)

P.P.S. The MP5K has the highest DPS in the game at close range. It has a 850rpm fire rate with a base damage of 40. Thats humongous if you think about it: With stopping power, that's a two shot kill with 14 bullets coming at you a second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:06 am

Your Kung-Fu is best Pyro.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 am

This dude we played was using a mod Deagle and it was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Pyro that link you gave is very usefull, id recomend the entire clan to give it a read over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:01 am

it was a good read. Sit-rep pro is more usefull then I thought, does that mean it almost cancels out Ninja Pro?
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 pm

In a way it does, Ninja pro reduces footstep sound to 0.1, and sitrep pro increases enemies footsteps by 4x and team mates by 1.5x.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:39 pm

WSxCanada wrote:
In a way it does, Ninja pro reduces footstep sound to 0.1, and sitrep pro increases enemies footsteps by 4x and team mates by 1.5x.

It decreases footsteps for teammates.

"Multiplies the volume of the player and his allies' footsteps by 0.25x"
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:45 pm

WSxRyden wrote:
WSxCanada wrote:

It decreases footsteps for teammates.

"Multiplies the volume of the player and his allies' footsteps by 0.25x"

Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:21 am

Sitrep Pro does nothing to effect Ninja, because Ninja's multiplier works first. So your starting with a number less than .25 then multiplying it by 4. 100 that does not make. Also Fourzerotwo or whatever his name is said that the two perks dont cancel each other out.

~Pyro
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:22 am

Pyro... stop signing your posts before I cut you... That being said, good find on that above site. I like having the exact calculations on what a weapon does. Though in actuality it doesn't seem like they work the way they are specified sometimes. I believe these numbers were pulled out of the code on the disk. To get the running numbers as of now you would need to pull the code of the updates which I don't know if they did.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm

WSxRyden wrote:
Pyro... stop signing your posts before I cut you... That being said, good find on that above site. I like having the exact calculations on what a weapon does. Though in actuality it doesn't seem like they work the way they are specified sometimes. I believe these numbers were pulled out of the code on the disk. To get the running numbers as of now you would need to pull the code of the updates which I don't know if they did.

well if you want we could one day test this out with a CC and high speed editing to find the exact time to kills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Razz The only weapon they have updated is the Models, twice. The charts on the site I linked actually reflect those updates as well.

I don't have the site, but IW has posted a list of all the things they have changed with there different patches. I'm sure it would be quite enlightening. Very Happy

~Pyro

~Pyro

~Pyro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:52 am

~Pyro
Back to top Go down
WSxAngel
Mild User
Mild User
WSxAngel

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 am

I like your moves...

Seriously though guys, I honestly think we're better off picking our weapons from the SCAR/TAR/M16/FAMAS/AK-47 group anyway. It doesn't take a genius to use them, and they're accurate as all. I'd also recommend the FAL, if someone is already good at it.

Just looking at the stats, those guns tend to beat everything else.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:14 am

Thats all i use is the Scar now. For some reason it feels like they beefed it up. same with the tar, i could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
WSxAngel
Mild User
Mild User
WSxAngel

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:29 am

Well, the guns are powerful enough that you don't have to ALWAYS use stopping power. I can run a UMP .45 with Lightweight, for example, or a Silenced M16 (Holographic), with Cold-Blooded. Using guns with high damage to start with allows you to free up the Red Perk category.
Back to top Go down
WSxCanada
WSxCanada

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:48 am

Ya thats a good point i always find myself using SP instead of something more useful.

BTW does the scar, intervention or 50.cal need SP?
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 am

I use a gun stealing class so I need to have SP to ensure that I can kill with whatever gun I happen to pick up.
Back to top Go down
WSxAngel
Mild User
Mild User
WSxAngel

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Quote :
BTW does the scar, intervention or 50.cal need SP?

Depends on the mission. It is advisable to have SP on the snipers, unless you're playing hardcore. You'll get a headshot insta-kill with it, and you'll get a kill if you hit them in the small neck/upper chest area, if you don't have SP. Otherwise, you'll still need it for center-mass kills.

As for the SCAR, it all depends. If you don't want Lightweight or Danger-Close, you will need it. It kills in three bullets, not two, without SP. I tend to use the TAR-21 if I don't want SP equipped, because the firing rate makes up for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns and Time to Kill.   Guns and Time to Kill. Empty

Back to top Go down

Guns and Time to Kill.
Page 1 of 1