Wayward Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Go down 
+3
WSxMono
WSxSharp
WSxRyden
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:40 pm

The Supply Drop gives you a RANDOM streak reward. Its weighted so the lesser ones show up more but you could get lucky and pull an AC130.

Here are a few more perks:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 20090911
Back to top Go down
http://WaywardSoldiers.Org
WSxMono
Just Spawned
Just Spawned

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:23 pm

If I remember correctly, scrambler creates a random dot on the enemy radar that leads to nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Sounds like Infinity Ward hired the dude from Bungie that made the Radar Jammer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:23 am

WSxRyden wrote:
New Video

Lobby Screen
We see a new section Call sign & Killstreak.
Also we see the player’s NAT type, this shows how easy it will be for the player to find a match.
Also have a moving tickertape along the bottom, and we see some of the player’s stats.
Callsign & Killstreaks
When Callsign & Killstreaks is opened, we see 4 items:

Title
More titles are unlocked as you rank up.
Emblem
More emblems are unlocked as player ranks up, completes certain challenges or does other specific things - “The more things you do, the more things you’re going to unlock”.
Clan Tag
Killstreak rewards
We see the 9 kill streaks that we have seen before, there are 15 altogether.
Create a Class
Some perks with conformation of what they do:

Lightweight - Move faster
Marathon - Unlimited sprint
Commando - Increased melee distance
Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies
Hardline - Killstreaks require 1 less kill
When the Primary Weapon slot is opened we see a new layout, with a picture of the weapon and it’s stats to the right of the weapon's name.

In the Secondeary Weapon slot we see the (new) available classes:

Machine Pistols
Shotguns
Handguns
Launcher
It also confirmes Akimbo is an attachment and not a perk. No new special grenades are shown, just the traditional smoke, flash and stun like we've seen in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. When we go through the perks section, we see that “PRO” versions of perks are unlocked after certain challenges are completed.

Actually I think its more like you get a mag per enemy corpse you walk over for scavenger. Because in the video this guy had to walk over 3 bodies for full resupply. So I don't think its literal. But I'm sure you all know that lol...

Oh yea and you can get your knife back after you throw it for tech a unlimited amount of times til you die!!! So awesome =]

Theres probably going to be a 15 kill streak.

You no longer lose kill streak rewards. Ex. You get UAV then Predator Missile then Precision Air Strike. You use your Air Strike then Predator Missile Comes back. You use that then UAV etc

Level Caps are now at 70 I believe.

Last stand is probably going to be final stand In MW2. Except you will have the ability to crawl around in a limited way and you will be using your primary weapon.
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 11:30 am

I like that you don't lose your kill streak. I don't know how many times i've lost my air strike waiting for someone else s to pass, i got a helicopter but i still missed the air strike.

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to have the higher kill streaks set up for my three choices.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:06 pm

LvL cap IS 70.
There is a 15 kill streak and BIGGER.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Kill Streak   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Man, you can use your rewards for kill streaks to get you other rewards for kill streaks and keep your kill streaks rewarding. Whoa, thats a mouthful. Say that ten times fast.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 5:53 pm

thats what we do now.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Holy shit. Did I just miss the announcement of the Tar-21. Thats one of the few guns that is probably superior to our M-16. I mean we fund their research so I'm assuming the USA will get this gun when it goes mass produce. I WANT ONE!!!
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 6:20 pm

they also added the Magpul Masada, or Bushmaster as the game calls it. The last 2 guns I talked about are the replacements for the m-16 and m-4 respectively. I wonder what round the Magpul Masada will fire.
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 8:42 pm

They have been talkig about replacing that gun forever, should have been replaced 30 years ago... And it's not that great of a weapon in real life
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 pm

So who's taking the day off to play this game?
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:41 pm

the M-16 is not a great gun???
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 am

They announced the veteran edition. It comes with a soap McTavish statue.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 am

Rescuer: Kill an opponent that just injured a teammate.
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

WSxRyden wrote:
Rescuer: Kill an opponent that just injured a teammate.

What is that a challenge?
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Remember those things in Red Faction that gave you a little extra experience? Its just like those. Not sure if there called officially.
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:25 pm

So anything that would benefit your team you'd get extra points.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:26 pm

yea... basically O and SCREW BLING SLEIGHT OF HAND IS NOW A BLUE PERK!!!
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:34 pm

I know i saw, looks like they changed most of the perks around. Should make for some interesting new classes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm tired of everyone talking about it, I just wanna play it and see what there really is
Back to top Go down
WSxSharp
Contributor to Society
Contributor to Society
WSxSharp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Unfortunately Blu we have to wait so to pass the time we'll talk about some of the things to look forward too. Dont be in such a hurry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm trying to be calm about the whole thing to make time pass more quickly
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:58 pm

I just wanna make people go pop... Till then there shall be ODST and Borderlands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:55 pm

I may rent this in the future, but I'll never buy this game new or at full price.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Did you see the new hook in deathmatch? I noticed in one of the videos it looked like there was a random Streak drop and both teams could cap it. But that may not be true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:01 pm

That would be one of the "drops": You'll get a new perk, weapon, or streak perk from it. I think that's what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin
WSxRyden

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:08 pm

yea. It appears to keep droping in deathmatch to still create a center for combat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:27 pm

I dunno, every time I see footage of the MP in action I keep thinking to myself that there's too much shit cluttering up the screen, in terms of UI, numbers popping up, and that progress thing that pops up when there's an unlock. It seems like the UI is trying to eye-fuck you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 pm

It is going to be quite difficult for us to get use to this. There will be a million different things going on at once. It's gonna push our multi-tasking abilities
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wayward Soldiers :: Enter the Battlefield :: Get in your Stryker.-
Jump to: